Monday, June 26, 2006

A Man of God

Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.



I've decided I'm going to memorize this passage, as well as a host of others. I'm going to for the next 6.5 weeks before I leave for college. I must hold onto the Word of God and not fall away. The world will be so tempting, so enticing. I can't give in, I cannot be like "the chaff which the wind blows away" but I must be a man of God, a man who will stand for what he believes in. Psalms and favorite passages is gonna be what keeps me going when I want to quit and give in at The Citadel. When I feel like I can't go any further.. I'll wait on the LORD, and he will renew my strenght.. I will "mount up with wings like eagles, run and not be weary, walk and not faint."


“Now therefore, fear the LORD, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the LORD! And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:14-15

I gotta stand up and serve the LORD... not back down and cower in fear. "As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Lord, make me a man after your own making. A man of God. I pray that you will sanctify me, that my praises will overflow out of my life and into others. I pray that I will put away my foolish, selfish pride and humble myself before You.

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

"Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses".. I being prayed for, and watched by so many people. Everyone I know, in some way or another, is affected by me, either in alot of ways, or in very small ways; but affected nonetheless. I cannot allow the sin of this world and the devilish desires to so easily ensnare me. I have to look unto Jesus, the one who has endured every suffering, every pain which I will ever experience. He must be my chief cornerstone; without Him I will fail. Without Him all those who try to rely on others will be let down. God is faithful, and we too are called to be faithful unto Him. "In this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world." He has overcome the world... so be happy! take heart! Look unto the "joy that is set before us" and run the race with endurance, never yielding the temptations of sin along life's road. He is faithful, He has called us... but will we answer the call?

Answer the call.