Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Gotta be Bold (and track pix)

Ah, just woke up from an three hour nap. I barely got 4 hrs of sleep last night. I haven't been too tired throughout the day, but I knew that if I wanted to function later on, I best better get some rest in. Sadly, my mom allowed me to sleep 2 hrs too late, so I'm not going to be able to read as much in "City of God" as I would have liked. I've been stalled in that book for about a week. Partly cause I've been reaaally busy, partly because it's kind of in a "boring" section in the book... if that's possible with Augustine.

Life has been pretty good lately... I'm still struggling with truly living like a Christian each day and loving Christ and others unselfishly. I think my pride gets in the way so often, I need to get out of my comfort zone, start taking risks, start sharing what I know with others.

...Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.*

For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.**

For what is it worth if I have the truth and bottle it up inside me -- No, I need to be proclaiming the truth to all I encounter each day, boldly and with compassion for others.

I've been trying to start praying more, I don't do it nearly enough. I know every Christians says they need to pray more. I spend so much time (just like right now) talking about praying, and don't actually take the time to DO it. It's so important, and such a wonderful way to really become closer to God. I have this really great prayer book, which is set up in such a way that you basically read, or "pray" a scripture back to God, and then offer your own prayers of thanksgiving, petition, renewal, forgiveness, and the like to God. I like it, but once again, I'm so bad at getting into a routine. I KNOW that I'd be so much better off and so much stronger if I would take the time each day, but I just get distracted and the devil tempts me to forget and lose focus. I really need to start emphasizing that in my life.

Ah, so track has been wonderful... better than ever! I love our team this year, everyone's great.. in fact I think I'm going to post a picture of myself running, or doing something.......


Yeah, that's the four buff guys on our track team. (I'm the one without a shirt). Especially Beezman, he's HUGE.

Me running in the 4x400 relay at Lake Mary Highschool.

RAAAHHH.. finishing the 4x400 relay strong!... but tired.

Aaaaaand done...

Relaxing in the tent, reading the Bible.. i think in Mark. (Notice the Cash album)

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ninest123 16.01
nike air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, nike free, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, prada handbags, louboutin outlet, tiffany and co, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, nike air max, tory burch outlet, longchamp, replica watches, ugg boots, jordan shoes, michael kors, louboutin, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, burberry outlet online, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hermes, vans pas cher, lululemon, nike roshe run, nike roshe, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, air force, nike trainers, air max, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, ray ban uk, north face, true religion outlet, nike air max, hogan, burberry, coach purses, sac longchamp, michael kors, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, hollister, true religion jeans, mulberry, tn pas cher, longchamp pas cher, timberland, longchamp, abercrombie and fitch, new balance pas cher, nike huarache, vanessa bruno, true religion jeans, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, oakley pas cher, coach outlet, nike free, hollister pas cher, converse pas cher, north face, michael kors, michael kors, louboutin pas cher, sac guess, replica handbags, nike free run uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home