Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"You're A Crazy Marine"

My dad wrote this when he was a confused... crazy marine.

I'm a marine of sorts
I fly by night and day
Singing and wailing in the sun
With a song for a gun
But I don't have a dime
For the ups and the downs
And I don't have a penny
For all of my time
But I can see a way
As if a needle in the hay
Was pricking at my spine
And saying, "You're a crazy marine"
"You're a nut in a haystack."
And always remembering
That I'm alive
For I am not in my days
And I am not in my ways
I fly by a kite
With the string awfully tight
Around my neck pulling me back
And saying, "You're a crazy marine"
But then I shrug it off and say
Better dead than purple
Then I take my mind in my hand
And throw it back and forth
And try to decide what to do
There's no end to a life that is gone
And I see myself in a mirror
And it cracks and shatters
And says, "You're a crazy marine"
Then I sail for miles and miles
Singing my song with a gun
And take my time about
Going back and forth
Between the signs of beauty
And I watch a tree grow over a cloud
As if it were trying to walk
But I hit a place that is one or two times old
And I watch it while playing with my eyes
My heart is always here and there
I sometimes wonder if it is anywhere
But my mind is my feet
And I walk a thousand miles
Across a desert without an oasis
And where will it end?
Will it be on a sunny day?
Will it be on a rainy day?
Will there not be a day?
I'll wait till tomorrow and see
But tomorrow take me to the next
And I see a man watching himself watch me
And his eyes are long
And his face is gone
So I take my head
And I write a song to myself
That is a song of a rock
That flies back and forth
And hits me in the fingernail
And tomorrow has finally come
Because I am dead and buried
And people step on my grave with their feet.

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
nike air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, nike free, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, prada handbags, louboutin outlet, tiffany and co, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, nike air max, tory burch outlet, longchamp, replica watches, ugg boots, jordan shoes, michael kors, louboutin, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, burberry outlet online, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hermes, vans pas cher, lululemon, nike roshe run, nike roshe, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, air force, nike trainers, air max, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, ray ban uk, north face, true religion outlet, nike air max, hogan, burberry, coach purses, sac longchamp, michael kors, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, hollister, true religion jeans, mulberry, tn pas cher, longchamp pas cher, timberland, longchamp, abercrombie and fitch, new balance pas cher, nike huarache, vanessa bruno, true religion jeans, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, oakley pas cher, coach outlet, nike free, hollister pas cher, converse pas cher, north face, michael kors, michael kors, louboutin pas cher, sac guess, replica handbags, nike free run uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home