Saturday, September 09, 2006

El Cid

Just another saturday morning at The Citadel. Sitting in my room, waiting to attend meetings. Just got back from morning mess and formation. Yesterday was my first parade.. it went pretty well. I myself did OK, but my rifle was a little quirked. But our company, that is ECHO, placed SECOND in parade. All of the five companies (Echo, F-Troop, Hotel, Golf, and Band), placed in the TOP FIVE at parade. So pretty much, we're the best battalion. 2nd Battalion: SECOND TO NONE. But anyways, there's my little Corps pride statement.....

Life has been good. It's just annoying things that get to me SOMEtimes. But even those, when I look back at them, i realize how petty and unmeaningful they are, and I can just shrug it off and move on. I LOVE my company. Most of my classmates are awesome and give 100%.. yeah I don't get along with everyone, but I'm working on that. My squad seagents and platoon seagent are good leaders, they've been really tough and mean as hell at times, but all the while staying professional and teaching us a great deal. Before coming here, I could NOT do any type of rifle drill whatsoever. I have now been selected for "Kelly Cup Squad", which basically are the best drilled knobs in each company. They compete and get narrowed down to FOUR companies that compete on Parents Day in about 40 days. If we win, we will be heralded as the best knob drill team, and earn a little bit of respect from upperclassman. We would get to wear a badge and everything signifying that we won. So I'm pretty determined and amped to do my very best. It's one of my goals this semester. To make over a 3.7 GPA, earning a Gold Star, and to help win Kelly Cup.

Well I'm sick of talking about the Citadel, it's the topic of every conversation. Soo, yeah, I miss home alot. I miss sleeping more than 4 hours, eating at leisure, driving a car, very simple things. This place really teaches you to appreciate everything you've been blessed with. Well time to go. FAREWELL.